Friday, November 25, 2005

Thankful at Thanksgiving - Just Say Thank You

Its all about apples unless I want to talk about something else. I should have posted this yesterday. I was reminded while watching Fox News when a commentator said "no matter how you feel about the war in Iraq you should thank our service people, see one of our men or woman maybe in a store and just walk up and say "thank you for your service"". What a good idea this really is, and it is just so easy. My wife said she had done this just the other day while in a local store. I know about a year ago when traveling I did it in the airport. Myself being former AirForce I know how proud you are when you wear the uniform that protects our country and its people every day. For some it started as a job or a opportunity to receive some college assistance. But when its time to walk the walk in that uniform its only honor for ones Country that they awake to each and every day. So while I sit in my nice warm office not far from my family, safe, and comfortable I would like to take a moment to pause and say thank you to that man or woman who is wearing that uniform today keeping my family and myself safe. So again it only takes a second, just a few words and a smile when you see one of our great service people in uniform to say "thank you for your service".

No comments: