Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Honeycrisp



The following article was written in Katie Kruggers blog. (see my response further down)



Honeycrisp Apples and Subliminal Marketing
Sep 9th, 2008 by Katie
Honeycrisp apples are in season! I happily paid $10 for a bag at the farmer’s market last weekend. What? You say, “Dang, that’s expensive for an apple!” Let me ask you: have you ever bitten in to one of these? It’s like juice in your mouth while being crunchy and pleasing to chew. And the harvest season - when they are as as close to perfect as naturally possible- is not much longer than a month in Wisconsin.
I am grateful to live in a state that produces the best apple in the world.





Here is what I responded to Katie's writings:



on 23 Sep 2008 at 6:54 pm3Paul Woolley
As the owner of http://www.honeycrisp.com/ I agree you make some great points. Even though, we are from lovely upstate New York in Honeycrisp Country I agree Wisconsin does a great job with Honeycrisp. In fact my first trip to Wisconsin to look at Honeycrisp I even saw my first bear in the wild just waiting to cross the state highway. Maybe he was looking for Honeycrisp. We were one of the first to introduce Honeycrisp to the public and I remember doing tastes tests having to talk people into trying Honeycrisp. Now, not so much the case. Your are so correct from a marketing prospective. Nothing or no one can market Honeycrisp apples like Honeycrisp themselves. That first bite with the breaking texture and the little squirt of juice with a great balance between sweet and start and the marketing train has left the station. I do kind of feel bad for the other little apple trains that are a little worn out and more and more its the “H” train that people want to board. Wow from Honeycrisp apples to trains. Have a wonderful day."





This couldnt been brought to light any better that Honeycrisp Apples truly market themselves. Maybe sometimes even a little too much. With Honeycrisp in short supply around the Country its hard to get some people to switch back when Honeycrisp apples run short. We would probably say well you can ride the train this year until at least May. Have a great day.

Save a thought for our troops and the people of the Gulf Coast that are still recovering.
Signed Yours Truly,
Paul
Uncle Paul
Pepe'

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Paul - I've just ordered some honeycrisps from your website! I'm so excited about receiving them! I know honeycrisps have a short growing season, can you tell me the peak time to order this apple? I'm hoping I didn't order too early!

Nancy said...

I've been lucky enough to find honeycrisp apples at my local supermarkets. I don't even look at the price. I just make sure I have enough for at least one a day.

These things are frickin' addictive!